Leko is fully owned and operated by The Wirtz Group of Companies. For over 20 years, Leko has been designing, installing, and improving lead acid battery assembly line equipment. Leko’s fully automatic assembly lines consist of multiple stations. The Leko assembly lines are fully designed and integrated as fully automatic assembly lines, with various options depending on the customer battery type, required throughput, and type of operator involvement they desire. The automotive assembly lines include a quick change over tooling system, pneumatically assisted quick change setting gauges, and a pre heated heat seal platen.
The fully automatic assembly lines are available to allow businesses a range of fully automatic machines for assembly processes and testing of lead acid batteries.
General Functions Include:
- Post position check
- Entry gate control
- High voltage test / polarity test (HV/PT)
- Reject station for station 3 failures (RS)
- Three weld stations – one with a rotary head
- Weld current & monitoring system
- High voltage test
- Reject station for station 6, 7 & 8 failures
- Cover fit and heat seal station
- Leko “Quick Changeover” tooling system with long input staging for high throughput.
- Fully automatic line, with integrated controls
- 15 program weld controls with constant current control, weld current monitoring, and weld energy monitoring.
- Inline action weld head movement and self-centering mechanism. Quick action cylinder for fast response time, and a reduced cycle time.
- Very robust construction.
- Manual over ride on all movements.
- Monitoring of all battery movements throughout the system to reduce machine jams