The OxMaster Paste Mixing System is a 1,100 KG lead paste mixing system that gives guaranteed high capacity, efficiency, and provides an environmentally safe working place for operators.
OxMaster’s mixers were the first designed specifically for the battery industry. Our mixers have been installed for over 30 years and many are still in service. OxMaster’s design starts with a single piece tub weldment and a crosshead design that provides its users with low maintenance, long term corrosion resistance, and high shear mixing. From this basis, numerous improvements in mechanical durability, electrical and controls features, and process capabilities have been made. OxMaster’s experience and design flexibility make it the most reliable and economical mixer available today.
The mixing tub is a unique pan type / high shear system that uses a cross-head design that ensures the mixing blades strike a fresh paste surface at 120 times per minute. Batch sizes can range from 550 Kg (1,200 lbs) to 1000 Kg (2,400 lbs) of dry oxide per batch with typical cycle times ranging between 10 and 25 minutes depending on chemistry, climate, mixing process, and cooling features.
Mixer configurations can be tailored for high automation or batch to batch consistency based on the variety of features that we offer as options. Our systems feature no compromises in structural and stainless steel construction. They are strong and reliable with the lowest maintenance and longest life of any mixer today. Once you decide upon an OxMaster mixer you can plan to use if for a lifetime.
Highest Quality Paste
Paste by measurement is defined by cube weights and penetration readings. Paste made by an OxMaster mixer is characterized by the start of the crystalline formation in the paste known as the “crunch” you feel when you take a handful of prepared paste and squeeze it in your hands. Acid addition, sulfation and not over mixing are the keys to the best paste.
- Stainless Steel Mixer Tub – The OxMaster mixer is a pan type-high shear mixer, which exposes a continuous fresh paste surface for maximized surface area exposure to the cooling air stream. The interior of the mixer is composed of completely corrosion resistant materials. The mixer tub is one weldment fabricated from 316L stainless steel. The inner surface of the mixer shell is fully machined to a smooth and accurate surface. It is scraped thoroughly with each mixer rotation and allows for easy wash down.
- Stainless Steel Cone Feeder / Slide Gate – OxMaster’s discharge door drops prepared paste into this large ½ cubic meter (18 cubic ft) capacity cone feeder. It is large enough to handle one and a half batches of paste. The funnel is made of a spun 316 stainless steel and has a fixed scraper blade. The cone is supported and rotates on ball bearing rollers and is turned by a 5hp TEFC motor with reducer and pinion. A slide gate controls paste flow to the pasting machine.
- Dispensing Tower – Steel structure designed to contain and support the oxide weigh hopper and the acid and water dispensing equipment. Includes containment of 110% tank volumes.
- Oxide Weight Hopper – The lead oxide batcher/hopper has a capacity of 1,000kg (2,400 lbs) and is coated on the inside with a nonstick surface. The hopper is suspended on 3 load cell and has flexible connections at both the inlet and outlet.
- Acid and Water Batching – Acid is typically contained and weighted in a polyethylene tank that is suspended on a load cell. Water can be measured either by weight or by flow though a high speed counter card.
- Master Controls and Pneumatics – Features Allen Bradley Processors, Panel Views and SMC components. All electrical and pneumatic functional devices are stored in 24VDC touch safe enclosures. Options for other components available.
- Temperature Measurement: Thermoprobe – An actuating Teflon piston provides samples of paste through the wall of the mixer for real time temperature determination.
- Stainless Steel Outlet Damper – Self cleaning stainless steel design that allows for balanced air flow.
- Side and Bottom Water Cooling Jackets – Stainless steel water-cooling jackets built into the walls of the mixer tub.
- OxMode paste moisture control system for batch to batch consistency
- 15 ton air cooling systems for reduced cycle times.
- Wet scrubbing systems for clean exhaust release to the atmosphere
- Mixer hydraulic slide gates
- Variable speed drives and acid addition
- Automatic and semi automatic fiber, expander, and slurry addition
- Data collection, storage, & analysis packages
- Oxide storage and conveying system
- Custom layouts custom platforms configuration include double door mixers & moving cone feeders. Robust steel welded platforms in any configuration
*These are very general specification and will change based on the exact configuration of the system that is ordered.
Electrical: Electrical: (Supply 480VAC, 3 phase , 60 Hz standard) 200V to 575V, 50 Hz or 60 Hz, Control Voltage: 24VDC Main Electrical Panel: 200 Amps
Compressed Air: Nominal air requirement of 5.5 bar (80psi), 1/2” NPT connection.
Ventilation – Exhaust: The mixer requires connection to a ventilation system with mini- mum of 3,000 CFM at 6 inches water column at the mixer. Recommended Ranges Airflow: 3000 to 3,400 cfm Static Pressure: 6 to 8.0” water column
Process Water : Water Jacket: 5 PSI, 10-gallons/minute-flow rate, 1” NPT connection. CHILLED WATER RECOMMENDED.