The Wirtz Combined Steel Belt Paster Rotary Plate Cutter Model SBP/RPC-13-200 Steel Belt Paster is designed for our evolving battery industry and focuses on battery technology for the Enhance VRLA and AGM applications. It is designed for high speed production of continuous strip with pasting paper or glass mat. The system achieves accurate control of pasted plate weights and plate thicknesses at pasting speeds up to 200 feet per minute.
The machine can be configured to run continuous cast grid strip, single or double panel, lugs in or lugs out. The system features a longer steel belt for easier tracking and better glass mat compaction into the plate. It also eliminates the loop between the paster and the cutter which improves cut accuracy, helps paper / glass mat adhesion, and prevents paste from accumulating and affecting plate thicknesses.
The system is designed specifically for safe and easy operator access and the internal design has all drives protected for wash down and features an inner pan to collect paste slurry though the glass mat and wash down water.
Grid Entry Table
The grid entry table is located before the hopper and it helps assure paste flow underneath the grid. With proper adjustment the grid entry table will hold the grid off of the belt in the pasting area.
Servo Thickness Control
We have installed a servo underneath the steel belt to help customer make plate thickness adjustments in the range of 0.0005″ increments. These adjustments are made on the panel view and can be tied into any kind of a plate thickness system.
Wirtz has redesigned the orifice plates to allow easy plate flow to the bottom side. Improvements and changes mean that you can apply equal weights and thicknesses of paste on the top and on the bottom side of your grids.
Rotary Plate Cutter
This machine features an integrated rotary plate cutter in a quick change module. The module can be changed by removing four bolts so cutter head change over is simplified and can be done in just minutes. The tension on the head now comes from the top so it is easy to adjust. There is side to side adjustments and a smaller anvil allows for easy transitions in and out of the cutter head.
Nose Bar Exit Conveyor
The exit conveyor is designed so that the freshly cut plates do not collide with the conveyor. The conveyor is easy to clean so that any other paste that bleeds through the glass mat papers can be collected and removed.
- Pasting tolerance of plus or minus 2 grams
- Plate thickness of plus or minus 0.002” (0.54mm)
- Increased plate and battery performance
- Increased productivity; machine speeds up to 200 feet per minute
- Cleans up environmental problems
- PLC Control with operator interface
- No cloth pasting belts
- No shovel back of paste into the hopper
- Every plate consistent in size; reduces production problems
- Plate thickness can be adjusted while paster is operating +/- 0.015” (0.38mm) from nominal thickness setting
- Change over time for grid/plate height – 10 minutes
The Wirtz Combined Steel Belt Paster Rotary Plate Cutter sends grids and paste between a steel plate of custom design and a rotating steel belt. The movement of the belt helps the system be production friendly, but the grid strip and the paste need to be of good quality.
- Continuous grids with consistent thickness throughout.
- Can paste almost any grid thickness
- Rigid square grids with few missing wires. Lugs cannot be bent or have flash on them.
- Density 3.8 – 4.3 grams per cubic centimeter.
- Moisture content 11-14%
- Globe #1 penetrometer reading of 24 – 35
- Fiber less than 0.06” (1.52mm) max in length, non bailing type.
- Temperature after mixing should be about 45 deg C (115 deg F)
- Mixer and paster must be thoroughly cleaned daily.
- Sieved lead oxide assures no oversize particle through the system.
- * These parameters represent typical starting points. With experience with your paste formulas we may find larger ranges.
*These are very general specification and will change based on the exact configuration of the system that is ordered.
Electrical: (Supply 480VAC, 3 phase , 60 Hz standard) 200V to 575V, 50 Hz or 60 Hz, Control Voltage: 24VDC