Leko is fully owned and operated by The Wirtz Group of Companies. For over 20 years, Leko has been designing, installing, and improving lead acid battery assembly line equipment. Leko’s semi-automatic assembly lines consist of multiple stations. The Leko assembly lines are fully designed and integrated as semi-automatic assembly lines, with various options depending on the customer battery type, required throughput, and type of operator involvement they desire.
General Functions Include:
- Post position check
- Entry gate control
- High voltage test / polarity test
- Reject station
- Intercell welding station
- Weld current & monitoring system
- Shear test station
- Cover fit and heat seal station
- Leko “Quick Changeover” tooling system with long input staging for high throughput.
- 15 program weld controls with constant current control, weld current monitoring, and weld energy monitoring.
- Inline action weld head movement and self-centering mechanism. Quick action cylinder for fast response time, and a reduced cycle time.
- Very robust construction.
- Manual over ride on all movements.
- Monitoring of all battery movements throughout the system to reduce machine jams
The exact requirements of each utility depend on the configuration, and options selected. For more info, please contact Sales@WirtzUSA.com