Wirtz Manufacturing has successfully installed Wirtz Conpunch system globally. Each system is fully assembled and tested at our facility prior to shipping. Using our extensive expertise and 80+ years of experience in lead acid battery equipment design and manufacturing, Wirtz can assist customers in designing an optimal grid. Wirtz offers a complete system, including installation assistance, technical support, and tooling design and manufacturing. Positive grids using Conpunch are held to precise thickness and weight tolerances, and offer advantages similar to those of a traditional Wirtz Gravity Cast Grid, including:
- Side frames for strength, no punctured separators.
- Designable grids: Variable sizes, tapered frames, radial corners
- Wet or Dry charge grids
- Grid designs for better paste retention *Wirtz Patented reforming and texturizing technology.
- Single wide or double wide grid configurations
ConPunch grids are used in nearly every type of lead acid battery on the market today, including
- VRLA and Motorcycle
- Wound Cell (Spiral)
- Small Engine
- Motive Power
- Industrial Applications
- Conpunch Machine CP-13200: Machine capable of punching at 250 SPM.
- Advanced oil and scrap ejection system built into Wirtz Conpunch Die Technology.
- Vertical Dual Head De-Reeler Machine VDR-201: Complete with variable speed drive system, automatic loop control, and manual head rotation.
- In-Line Strip Shear & Welder SW-13200: Complete with weld clamps, fume extractor, and sub base.
- Strip Loop Feeder Machine SLF-13200: Complete with automatic loop control, strip alignment system.
- Servo Controlled Fully Integrate Push-Pull Feeder System
- Die lubrication system
- Grid De-Accelerator unit with loop control after punch press.
- Ultrasonic Grid Cleaning System (USC-13200): Complete with washing system, rinse system, and air blow off drying system
- Horizontal Reeler Machine HR-201: Complete with variable speed drive system, automatic loop control, and advanced grid support guide system.
- Sound Enclosure around punch press
- State of the Art Wirtz Allen Bradley Control System
- Automatic head rotation for vertical coiling unit
- Second Horizontal Reeler Machine HR-201: A second coiler reducer down time during change over
- Single or Double Vertical Coiling System: Complete with loop control and strip tension system.
- Complete line cage guarding
*The concast uses electrical, compressed air, gas, and required ventilation. The exact requirements of each utility depend on the configuration, and options selected. For more info, please contact Sales@WirtzUSA.com